Settle Unity GameObjects Instantly Using Physics
A downloadable Unity Asset for Windows
Do you waste tons of time on your Unity projects intricately placing every object in your scene trying to make it look as realistic as possible and even after all that work, everything is still floating? Well, not anymore!
Start saving time and creating more realistic looking levels by having all of your objects placed through physics!
This is an easy to use, but incredibly powerful asset that I use on every Unity project I work on and that can make your game development process easier too!
- This asset was tested in a scene with 5,000 rigidbodies and the simulation time was under 10 seconds. Also, undoing that simulation was almost instantaneous.
- No more having to hop back and forth between play mode and edit mode, trying to copy the positions for each settled object, one-by-one.
- No more manually adding a rigidbody to any object you want to settle and then removing it after you've found your settle position.
This asset allows you to settle objects in the scene using 3 methods:
- Settle All NonKinematic Rigidbodies: This runs a physics simulation on the scene, so any objects that have nonkinematic rigidbodies will settle into place.
- Settle All Rigidbodies: This runs a physics simulation on the scene, but before it starts it temporarily turns all kinematic rigidbodies into nonkinematic rigidbodies, then reverts those settings after your objects have settled.
- Settle Only Selected Objects: This runs the "Settle All Rigidbodies" physics simulation on the scene, but will only settle objects you currently have selected.
If you don't like the results, you can undo them through Edit > Undo in the menu or by using the ctrl+z hotkey.
*Note, because these simulations are physics based, they won't necessarily settle in the same places, so simply undoing and re-running the simulation will not always produce the same results.
Install is quick & easy:
For questions or feedback, you can reach our support on our Discord: https://discord.gg/pVGHvtcEtW
In order to download this Unity Asset you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.